IOCL recruitment 2018 for 344 posts of Technical and Non-Technical trade&technician Apprentice:
IOCL(Indian Oil Corporation limited) has released notification for the posts of Technical and Non-Technical trade & technician Apprentice recruitment 2018.Indian Oil Corporation Limited, the largest commercial undertaking in India and a Fortune “Global 500” Company, as a measure of Skill Building
Initiative for the Nation, proposes to engage Technical and Non-Technical Trade & Technician Apprentices at its Locations in States of South India (Tamil Nadu & Puducherry, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana). Eligible candidates may apply online from 01.09.2018 to 21.09.2018. Eligibility,Educational Qualififcation, age limit,Exam pattern,syllabus and more details are given below.
Name of the post : Trade Apprentice &Technician Apprentice.
Total No. of Vacancies: 344.
Age Limit : 18 years -24 years.
1) for SC/ST -5 years 2) for OBC -3 years
3) for PwBD candidates 10 years. (up to 15 years for SC/ST and up to 13 years for OBC (NonCreamy layer) candidates.
1. For Discipline Code – 01/06/11/16/21-Trade Apprentice (Fitter) –Matric with 2(Two) year ITI(Fitter) course.
2. For Discipline Code – 02/07/12/17/22– Trade Apprentice (Electrician) –Matric with 2(Two) year ITI (Electrician) course.
3. For Discipline Code – 03/08/13/18/23– Trade Apprentice (Electronic Mechanic) –Matric with 2(Two) year ITI (Electronic Mechanic ) course.
4. For Discipline Code – 04/09/14/19/24 – Trade Apprentice (Instrument Mechanic) –Matric with 2(Two) year ITI(Instrument Mechanic ) course
5. For Discipline Code – 05/10/15/20/25 – Trade Apprentice (Machinist) –Matric with 2(Two) year ITI( Machinist ) course
6. For Discipline Code – 26/32/38/44/50 – Technician Apprentice(Mechanical)- 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
7. For Discipline Code – 27/33/39/45/51– Technician Apprentice(Electrical) – 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering
8. For Discipline Code- 28/34/40/46/52– Technician Apprentice(Instrumentation) – 3 years Diploma in Instrumentation Engineering
9. For Discipline Code- 29/35/41/47/53– Technician Apprentice(Civil) – 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering
10. For Discipline Code- 30/36/42/48/54-Technician Apprentice(Electrical & Electronics) – 3 years Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
11. For Discipline Code- 31/37/43/49/55-Technician Apprentice(Electronics) – 3 years Diploma in Electronics Engineering
12. For Discipline Codes- 26 to 55 – Technician Apprentices- 3 years Diploma in Engineering in the relevant discipline from a recognized Institute/University with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for General and OBC and 45% in case of SC/ST candidates against reserved positions.
13. For Discipline Code – 56/57/58/59/60 – Trade Apprentice-Accountant: Graduate in any discipline with minimum 50% marks in aggregate for General & OBC candidates and 45% in case of SC/ST/PwBD candidates for reserved positions from a recognized Institute/University.
14. For all discipline codes : The qualification prescribed shall be from a recognized University/Institute as a full time , regular course in relevant disciplines. Qualification acquired through Part-time / Correspondence / Distance Learning mode shall render the candidate ineligible.
15. Diploma under recognized Lateral Entry Scheme(Class XII-Sc)/ITI admitted in the second year of Diploma course shall also be considered.
16. Reservation for PwBD Candidates for the Discipline Code Code 56/57/58/59/60: To be eligible against reservation for PwBD, the permanent disability should be a minimum of 40% as issued by the Competent Authority in the Disability Certificate. Categories of Disability with a minimum of 40% and above eligible are given below –
VH – PV : Low Vision (LV) / Partially Blind (PB)
HH – PH : Partially Deaf
OH – PL : Musculosketeletal (OA – one arm affected / OL – One leg affected / OAL – One arm and one leg affected), Leprosy cured,
Dwarfism, Acid Attack Victim, Cerebral Palsy
MD – A combination of the above
17. For Discipline Code 56/57/58/59/60: PwBD candidates with less than 40% of permanent disability are NOT eligible. The PwBD candidates are required to submit a Disability Certificate issued by Competent Authority as per the Persons with Disabilities (equal opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Amended Rules, 2009, failing which their candidature as PwBD candidates will not be
considered. Persons with Disabilities must be capable of performing the task assigned to them/take instructions using suitable aids and appliances.
18. The candidates who have undergone Apprenticeship earlier or pursuing Apprenticeship Training in an Industry as per the Apprenticeship Act, 1961/1973 as amended from time to time or job experience for a period of 1 year or more are NOT eligible.
19. Applicants who have completed 3 YEARS after acquiring the prescribed qualification for engagement of TECHNICIAN APPRENTICE i.e, Diploma in Engineering in the relevant discipline shall NOT BE ELIGIBLE for engagement as Technician Apprentice.
20. In case the date of Declaration of result is not mentioned in the Mark Sheet, the candidate must submit a certificate mentioning the date of publication of result from the Principal of the Polytechnic/College/Institute from where the candidate pursued his ITI course/Graduation/Diploma in Engineering, along with his application form.
21. Candidates registered with Local / State Employment Exchange(s) / Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Person with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) and meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria, are required to apply Online, failing which their candidature will not be considered.
22. Candidates with qualification acquired through Distance Learning Mode or Part Time Mode or Correspondence mode shall NOT be considered.
23. Candidates possessing higher professional qualifications such as B.E or equivalent, MBA or equivalent or MCA / CA/ ICWA, LLB shall NOT be considered. Suppression of information regarding possession or pursuing higher qualification shall render a candidate ineligible for consideration at any stage of selection/termination or any time during engagement.
HOW TO APPLY:
Step I : Candidate must visit https://www.iocl.com/ for the online application.
Step II: Pay the prescribed fee through online.
Step III : Fill the application form without mistakes
Step IV: Download the application form in PDF format and take print for future use.
Selection Process :The Selection process would consist of two stages i.e. Written test .The
written test would carry a weightage of 85% and the weightage for interview will be 15%.
Trade Apprentice Accountant :
1) Generic Aptitude including Quantitative Aptitude
2) Reasoning Abilities
3) Basic English Language Skills
Trade Apprentice & Technician Apprentice:
1) Technical Acumen in relevant discipline
2) Generic Aptitude including Quantitative Aptitude
3) Reasoning Abilities
4) Basic English Language Skills
Important Dates :
1.Submission of ONLINE applications from – Dt. 01.09.2018
2.Last date for submission of ONLINE applications – Dt. 21.09.2018.
3.WRITTEN TEST WILL BE CONDUCTED AT CHENNAI, HYDERABAD, VIJAYWADA, COCHIN AND BANGALORE ON 14.10.2018 (Sunday).
Note: Any change in date of the Written Examination or the City will be intimated through the IOCL website. Hence candidates are advised to regularly check the website for any updates.