AP Panchayath Secretary Selection Process:
1. Appearance in all the papers of computer based examination / Main
examination is compulsory. Absence in any of the papers will automatically render the disqualification of the candidature.
2.As per G.O.Ms.No.5 General Administration (Ser-A) Dept., dated:05.01.2018 “Government here by permit the Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission to pick up candidates who obtains such minimum qualifying marks in Screening Test / Preliminary Examination as may be fixed by the Commission at its discretion shall be admitted to the Main Examination in all direct recruitment examinations. The APPSC is further permitted to select candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribes or Backward classes or Physically 10 Challenged candidates for Main Examination by applying relaxed standards in
the Screening Test / Preliminary Examination, if the Commission is of the opinion that sufficient number of candidates from these communities are not likely to be eligible for main examination on the basis of general standard in Screening Test / Preliminary Examination in order to fill up the vacancies reserved for them”. Candidates who will come up for selection due to relaxed standards shall be considered against reserved category only.
3. The selection of candidates for appointment to the posts shall be based on the merit in the computer based examination, to be held as per the scheme of examination.
4. Concerned District Collector is the unit of appointment as per G.O. Ms. No. 84, Panchayat Raj and Rural Development (Mdl.II) Dept., Dt. 24.02.2010.
5. The minimum qualifying marks for consideration of a candidate to the selection process are 40% for OCs, 35% for BCs, and 30% for SCs, STs and PHs or as per rules. In the event of Schedule Caste & Schedule Tribe candidates not coming up for selection with the existing minimum prescribed for selection in the competitive examination conducted by the APPSC their selection shall be considered on the basis of rank with reference to their performance in the written and / or oral competitive examination irrespective of the marks secured.
N.B.: Mere securing of minimum qualifying marks does not confer any right to the candidate for being considered to the selection.
6. Where the candidates get equal number of marks in the screening test if two or more candidates get equal total number of marks, those candidates shall be bracketed. Candidates within the same bracket shall then be ranked 1, 2, 3 etc., according to age i.e., oldest being considered for admission. In case there is tie in age, the person who possesses educational qualification at earlier date would be considered.
7. With regard to situation where there is deletion of questions, if any, from any paper, scaling (proportionate increase) would be done for that particulars part of the paper to the maximum marks prescribed for the paper and the marks would be rounded off to 2 decimals to determine the merit of the candidate.
8. While the Commission calls for preference of candidates in respect of district etc., in the application form, it is hereby clarified that the said preferences are only indicative for being considered to the extent possible but not binding or limiting the Commission’s powers under Article 315 and 320 of the Constitution of India. Therefore, the Commission has the power to assign a candidate to any of the notified posts for which he is considered to be qualified and eligible, subject to fulfilling the selection criterion. Mere claim of preference for any district for allotment against vacancy does not confer a right to selection for that district in particular or any district in general.
9. The appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being found medically fit in the appropriate medical classification, and if he/she is of sound health, active habits and free from any bodily defect or infirmity.
10. ANSWER KEY AND MARKS: Answer key would be published on the website and marks of each candidate are also displayed on website. No separate memorandum of marks would be issued.