UGC NET 2018: CBSE NET Application Form,Eligibility ,Exam Dates:
The Central Board of Secondary Education announces holding of
the National Eligibility Test(NET) on 08th JULY, 2018 (SUNDAY)for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research
Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian universities and colleges. CBSE will conduct NET in 84 subjects.
Name of the Examination : National Eligibility Test(NET)
Educational Qualification :
1.Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC.
2.The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PwD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
3. Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
For Junior Research Fellowship: Not more than 30 years as on 01.07.2018.
For Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor..
ELIGIBILITY FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR:
- NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
- The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
- For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test
(SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/ colleges situated in the state from where they have cleared their SET.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION :
The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 08th July, 2018 (SUNDAY) in two separate sessions.
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 questions all are|
|Second||II||200||100 questions all are|
Paper-I : shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
Paper-II : shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
How to apply :
- Candidate seeking admission to the Test (UGC-NET, July, 2018) must apply online only on the CBSE website: cbsenet.nic.in.
- Fill the application form carefully without mistakes.
- Upload Scanned photograph and Signature.
- Pay prescribed application fee through online or e-challan.
- After submission of application take print out of application form for future reference.
Note : The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card along with their printoutof online admission card on the day of examination.
Application Fee :
For General Candidates : Rs. 1000/-
For OBC Candidates : Rs. 500/-
For SC/ST/PWD : Rs. 250/-
Important Dates :
Last Date for Online Application : 12-04-2018 (Extended )
Examination date : 08th July 2018
Official Website : cbsenet.nic.in
Notification Pdf : Download
Eligibility Criteria : Click Here
Subjects : Click Here
Important Dates : Click Here
Scheme of Examination : Click Here