TS EDCET 2018-Online Application,Eligibility,Exam Date,Fee@http://edcet.tsche.ac.in:
Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test through Computer Based Test (TS Ed.CET-2018(CBT)) for the year 2018 will be conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad in accordance for admission into B.Ed. (Two Years) regular course in the Colleges of Education in Telangana State for the academic year 2018-2019.
Name of Examination: TD EDCET 2018
Conducted by : Osmania University
Application Type : Online
Age Limit :
The candidate should have completed the age of 19 years as on 1st July of the year in which notification is issued. There shall be no maximum age limit.
(a) In any Bachelors Degree i.e., B.A, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Sc (Home Science), BCA, BBM/BBA or in the Masters Degree, securing at least 50% aggregate marks.
(b) Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with Specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% aggregate marks.
(c) However, for candidates belonging to the reserved categories Viz., SC/ ST/ BC and other reserved categories should have secured 40% Marks in the qualifying examination.
(d) Candidates possessing MBBS/ BSC (AG) / BVSC/ BHMT/ B.Pharm and such other professional and job oriented degree courses Viz., LLB are not eligible for admission into B.Ed Course.
(e) Candidates possessing a Master Degree without having undertaken undergraduate study
are not eligible for admission.
Note : The candidates who are appearing for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible to appear for TS Ed.CET-2018.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE CHOICE OF SUBJECT UNDER PART-C :
|Mathematics||Candidate with B.A./B.Sc with Mathematics as one of the group|
subjects, B.E/B.Tech with Mathematics and B.C.A candidates with
Mathematics at intermediate level as a group subject.
|Physical Sciences||Candidates with B.Sc., who have studied Physics and Chemistry or|
Allied Subjects under Part-II group subjects, B.E/B.Tech with
Physics and Chemistry Subjects and B.C.A. candidates with
Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry) at intermediate level as
|Biological Sciences||Candidates with B.Sc./B.Sc.(Home Science) who have studied|
Botany and Zoology or Allied Subjects under Part-II group
subjects and B.C.A. candidates with Biological Sciences at
Intermediate level as group subject.
|Social Studies||All candidates with B.A./B.Com./B.B.M/B.B.A/B.C.A.|
candidates with Social Sciences at intermediate level as group
|English||Candidates with B.A Special English/ B.A. English literature or|
Exam Pattern :
The common entrance test will be of objective type(multiple choice) examination. Candidate has to answer 150 questions in two hours time.
Part-A: General English – 25 questions for 25 marks
1) General Knowledge –15 questions for 15 marks
2) Teaching Aptitude –10 questions for 10 marks
Part-C: Methodology: Candidate has to choose one of the following subjects. It consists of 100 Questions for
1) Mathematics –100 questions for 100 marks
2) Physical Sciences –100 questions for 100 marks
(i) Physics –50 questions for 50 marks
(ii) Chemistry –50 questions for 50 marks
3) Biological Sciences –100 questions for 100 marks
(i) Botany –50 questions for 50 marks
(ii) Zoology –50 questions for 50 marks
4) Social Studies –100 questions for 100 marks
(i) Geography –35 questions for 35 marks
(ii) History –30 questions for 30 marks
(iii) Civics –15 questions for 15 marks
(iv) Economics –20 questions for 20 marks
5) English –100 questions for 100 marks
MEDIUM OF ENTRANCE TEST:
The question paper will be in English, Telugu and Urdu except for English methodology.
The qualifying marks in the Entrance Test for all candidates (except SC/ST) is 38 out of total marks (i.e.25%).For the candidates belonging to SC/ST communities there will be no qualifying marks for ranking.
Application Fee :
1. For General Candidate – Rs.650/-
2. For SC/ST Candidates – Rs.450/-
How to apply :
- Visit the official website of EDCET – www.http://edcet.tsche.ac.in.
- Pay prescribed fee through TS Online/AP Online centers in Telangana or AP. or Pay through the payment Gateway.
- Fill the application carefully without mistakes.
- SUBMIT the application. Take Print out of application for further use.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR ONLINE SUBMISSION:
|Commencement of Submission of Online Application Form||18-03-2018|
|Last date for Submission and Registration of Online Application Form without late fee [Registration fee Rs.650/-,for SC /ST Rs. 450/-]||20-04-2018|
|Last date for Submission and Registration of Online Application form with late fee of Rs. 500/-||30-04-2018|
|Last Date for Submission and Registration of Online Application Form with late fee of Rs.2,000/-||15-05-2018|
|With a Late fee of 5,000/-||25-05-2018|
|Correction of Online Application Data already Submitted by the Candidate||Up to 05-05-2018|
|Download of Hall Tickets||From 21-05-2018 To 26-05-2018|
|Date of TS Ed.CET 2018 Examination Through Online mode only||31-05-2018 & 01-06-2018|
|Time of Examination||10.00AM To 12.00Noon |
2.30PM to 4.30PM
|Declaration of Preliminary Key||03-06-2018|
|Last Date for Receiving of Objections on Preliminary Key||05-06-2018|
|Declaration of Test Entrance Results / Ranks (Tentative)||11-06-2018|
1. Reading Comprehension.
2. Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling, Voice.
3. Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms.
4. Transformation of Sentences- Simple, Compound and Complex. Direct Speech and Indirect Speech.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & TEACHING APTITUDE
1. Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate‟s general knowledge of the
environment around him and its application to society.
2. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday
observation and experience in their scientific outlook as is expected of an educated person.
3. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring Countries especially pertaining
to History, Culture, Geography, Ecology, Economics, General Policy and Scientific Research.
4. Teaching requires certain characteristics like ability to communicate, ability to deal with
Children, ability to recognizing individual differences etc., a part from analytical thinking and
general intelligence .One who has these characteristics will be able to become a good teacher
after training. Questions relating to these aspects will be included to test ones teaching aptitude.
One of the following subjects to be opted:
1. Mathematics (MS)
2. Physical Sciences (Physics and Chemistry)(PS)
3. Biological Sciences (Botany and Zoology) (BS)
4. Social Studies (Geography, History, Civics and Economics) (SS)
(For these four subjects Syllabus shall be of graduation level (revised common core degree syllabus)
5. English [Special English in B.A.]
The Syllabus for Part C for Subject: English shall cover
a) Syllabus pertaining to English for Classes VIII , IX and X and that for the Two- Year
Intermediate course of A.P-50 Questions (50Marks)
i) Language functions ii) Elements of
iv) Phrasal Verbs
v) Writing skills vi) Study
b) Syllabus prescribed for Optional English at B.A. Degree Level (B.A. Special English)/
Modern Literature Syllabus in English-50 Questions (50m